Tuesday 16 February 2010

Notes

I knew I had ideas. Back when I was working I would routinely write down ideas that materialised in my head and draw things that are often quite disturbing. I should point out that I am really quite bad at drawing as a whole so don't expect any of these to be scanned in or anything. I can draw guns and other weapons pretty well though, so there's something. Anyway, here's a run down of some of my better thoughts:

Nukes

I have always had a fascination for weapons of mass destruction, of the nuclear bombs have got to be some of the best. The sound they make is wonderful and the mushroom cloud produced is a work of art, albeit a destructive one. There are plenty of videos on nuclear explosions online, all of them are quite pretty and act as a grim reminder at how man can do anything so long as we have a good reason, or a bad one, either seems to work. However special mention goes to Stargate, specifically Stargate Atlantis. For those who don't know the Stargate series is a sci-fi show where they always seem to able to fix a problem with a enhanced nuclear weapon. For example here they detonate a nuke above their base to convince the bad aliens they have blown themselves up, a noble idea. The best sequence though is this:



Now if I had one of those then this world would be a very different place.

The Murderous Mrs Fletcher

This relates to Murder She Wrote, a quite awful show about a writer, one Jessica Fletcher, who always seems to appear just before someone gets murdered and will inevitably solve it while the local law enforcement chase the wrong person. Considering how many people die in her presence am I the only one who suspects her to be a serial killer? Think about it, she arrives somewhere, someone dies and then she 'solves' the case. Coincidence I think not! Also her home town must have the highest death rate of the world, the shear number of people who meet their end there is just insane.

The Amazing Epileptic

This is something I came up with during one of the many boring days I had at my former job. The idea is a parody of superheroes and their many powers. See, in this case our unwilling hero has epilepsy and despite his best efforts at preventing crime it will always end with him having a seizure and freaking people out. Often the criminal will use this distraction to make their escape. The idea is in bad taste but since I do actually have epilepsy then it's ok for me to joke about it. Fun fact: I have made a joke about epileptics only to be told of by some random for making fun of them. I promptly told her that I was epileptic and asked what excatly she meant by 'them'. She promptly shut up.

Rock and Roll Airshow

Ahh, I remember this one fondly. During my work I found an airfield that held an airshow to classical music. This struck me as an awesome idea that could be expanded with the proper creative genius. You see the original idea used a handful of propeller driven planes doing stunts, but I say why stop there? My idea involves jets dogfighting to heavy metal, stunts being doing to fast paced electronic music, the loops and rolls in sync with the highs and lows of the music. The finale would be some F-22's doing a low flyby at high-speed, the lights following them as best they can. They would settle on the space shuttle which would launch at the peak of the song playing, the low rumble of it's thrusters providing the bass the end the night. It would be an epic even that would change the lives of all those who attend. Sadly the shuttle is to be decommissioned and replaced by something that is more useful but less cool looking.

A further idea that could be incorporated into this would be the birth of a Hind. The Hind is a Russian attack helicopter and all-round awesome machine. The Mil Mi-26 is the largest transport helicopter in the world and yet another awesome machine. I propose loading a Hind onto one of these Mi-26's and dropping it at it's maximum flight altitude. The Hind would then unpack mid-drop, start up and fly away. I have no idea if a Hind would actually fit in one, though if it could then the Mi-26 would be more then capable of lifting it. Also I doubt you could ready a Hind during the drop down and having it producing enough lift to avoid the Wile E Coyote style slamming into the ground. Either way it's an idea.

That's enough nonsense for now, and quite honestly it's more then I expected. There is even more to come and none if it will make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment